Friday, November 5, 2010

Dreams, dreams, dreams...

This last week I've been having CRAZY vivid dreams about our baby and about childbirth. Yesterday I dreamt that I had my baby (not in the future, but right now at 27 weeks) and he was just teeny tiny. And yes, he was a he! In my dream I actually found out before he was born that he was a boy because I discovered that if I shone a flashlight on the side of my stomach I could see the details of our baby on the other side of my stomach (weird, I know). I could see our baby's hands and fingers, feet and toes, and I could very easily see that our baby was a boy!

Anyways, I didn't really dream about the actual birth part except that I know it happened at home and that it must have been quick because all of a sudden I had this extremely tiny and beautiful baby.

And of course since all dreams need to have some sort of conflict or dilemma (and somehow the actual birthing part was skipped over), we had two major issues (or at least they were extremely stressful in my dream). Number One: we didn't have a name for our baby boy. And that's true for us now! We have a girl's name picked out, but we haven't yet come to any sort of conclusion for a boy's name. Number Two: we needed to bring our little baby to the hospital to make sure he was ok (although he was sleeping and nursing and seeming totally fine) but since he was born so early we hadn't yet put a car seat base in our car so I was rushing Mike to get it installed!

Yikes!! So what have a learned/realized about myself from this dream?
-Apparently I'm a bit stressed about not having our names picked out yet.
-I'm going to want that car seat base installed before the new year comes!
-Subconsciously, I think our baby is a boy (although I'll let you know, that I have no real 'inkling' either way).

Now I get to look forward to tonight's dream!

4 comments:

Niki said...

We had a girl's name picked but hadn't for sure decided on a boy's name when Levi was born. I was a bit stressed when he was born cause we had no name! But it was all good. He spent the first 10 hours of his life nameless...we slept on it and named him the next morning after we'd both had some sleep. I think deep down I always knew he was Levi... :)

Christina said...

I love your dream!
When I was pregnant with Paisley, I had a dream that I had to have a c-section down the side of my stomach. And it hurt. But Robert Pattinson came to visit me after. And Michael Scott brought me flowers, so I felt better.
And if it makes you feel better, Dave had to install the car seat into our car the morning Paisley was born, after my water broke 3 1/2 weeks early, while I was leaking everywhere trying to pack my bags!! Talk about stressful!

Alyssa said...

Wow...Michael Scott brought you flowers?! Somebody must have watched The Office recently.

And I didn't know Paisley came early...are you expecting that with this baby as well?

Christina said...

I'm not sure what to expect yet; this pregnancy has some similarities and some differences. It didn't help that we moved 2 weeks before she was born (not that we planned it that way) and I probably did more work that I should have.
Having her early was nice because it meant a smaller baby, but on the other hand she had quite a bit of jaundice so we had to go back to the hospital for 3 days to put her in an incubator, and we were completely unprepared! We only bought her carseat/stroller and her crib mattress the night before she was born!