I had my doctor appointment again today (wow, am I ever getting familiar with that drive!), and things seem to be going well!! Baby seems healthy (heartbeat of 150) and I seem healthy. The only 'negative' things right now would be the heartburn and nausea that I have...but I'm fine with it (knowing that it's simply because there is not a lot of room in my midsection and everything is pretty squished!).
Interesting thing though...4 weeks ago at my appointment my fundal measurement was about 2 cms higher than 'normal' at that time. Today (at 29 weeks) my fundal measurement was 3 cms higher than 'normal' at this time. So I am pretty curious if my due date is off by a few weeks or if I just have one BIG baby growing. My doctor seemed to be pretty confident that my due date is accurate (seeing as I was very regular before I was pregnant and knew exact days of my last period and such) and she thinks that this baby is just plain big. Anyways...for precautions sake, they are doing a blood test for gestational diabetes next week (because apparently if you have that, babies are often quite a bit larger). And we'll keep monitoring how our baby's growth is going!
So there's the pregnancy update for you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment