Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Four Month Update

On Friday my little babe will be FOUR MONTHS! Can you believe it? I was inspired by the blog of a friend of mine (whose little man is now eight months), to finally write a post and update you on Jadyn! So this is our little family these days:



Jadyn is somewhere between 13 and 14 pounds (we haven't gotten her weighed in quite a while) and she is a little over 26 inches! She is not really chubby, she's long and lean. (I would be too if I was kicking my legs like she does the ENTIRE day long) She is an INCREDIBLY active baby who LOVES being on her tummy. About three weeks ago she taught herself to roll from her back to her tummy (she did from her tummy to her back at six weeks). So now we can't leave her anywhere because she'll roll right away. (I tried to upload a video, but it didn't work out...sorry!) We're sure she'll start crawling soon seeing as if she is on the hardwood floor on her tummy she can turn herself in a full circle and scoot forward and backwards a bit. Mostly she gives us a determined face and starts kicking her legs and paddling her arms with a wild motivation. It's almost baby-proofing time :P



Jadyn is a major thumbsucker. Seriously. All the time. She took a soother at six weeks when we chose to give it to her and she loved it for a while. But at around ten weeks when she got coordinated enough to pop her thumb in, that soother was no good to her. We fought it for a bit (seeing you can take away a soother, but not really a thumb) but we lost the battle. And now, it comforts her quite a bit so we're not too upset about it. (especially seeing as it helps her sleep eight or nine hour nights and can help soothe her when she gets really upset) Now this picture is a bit of an anomaly, because she doesn't usually suck her thumb in the tub, but I just thought it was TOO cute not to share.



She brings SOOO much joy to our home...she is such a happy little girl (except when her gums are bothering her, which has unfortunately been a fair chunk of this week). I love that we can see her personality developing. She is generous with her smiles, but reserved with her giggles. Our home is always loud, as we can hardly keep her from babbling. She just learned that she can make the 'b' sound, the 'w' sound, and 'm' sound (on purpose), so she has lots of fun with that. It sounds something like wuhwuhwuwhuwhbbbbbbbbbbbbooomamamawuh. It's pretty funny. She'll suck on everything...clothes, bibs, faces, arms, floors, toys, animals, books. Pretty much anything that's in front of her she'll grab and try to eat. She's getting extremely good with her hands and grabbing things (including hair and faces). Her newest thing that she grabs is a little ball that we have. It takes SO much concentration for her to hold the ball (since it takes two hands at the same time), but she seems to enjoy trying over and over. Jadyn also found her feet a few weeks ago, which makes for much fun when she's in her carseat or on the changetable. We think she's started recognizing her name as she looks when we call "Jadyn" but not if we call "Crocodile" or anything like that. She loves being 'thrown' by daddy, being upside down (don't tell my grandma), and especially looking at herself in a mirror!



Now it's not all smiles, hugs, and fun...like I mentioned earlier, she's going through what we think must be a teething stage so that's a bit tough on her and us. She's also becoming pretty hard to nurse and she's biting and whipping her head in violent refusal of the breast, so that is pretty frustrating for me. But...but...but...it is truly difficult to stay frustrated once you see her beautiful sleeping face. And it's even more hard to stay upset when I leave her in the room with Mike to take a break and realize how much of a learning curve this is for both of us, how much of a gift she is to us, and how much I will miss the 'baby stage' in about a year! Because really, the few hours of 'difficult' Jadyn is outweighed by the many hours of wonderful Jadyn! I love this little girl more than I ever thought possible. She is so beautiful and she is the most amazing gift from God. THANK YOU LORD for Jadyn Eve!

2 comments:

sherri pauls said...

I agree! All I can say is thanks God for Jayden.

Niki said...

Jadyn sounds so much like Levi! The happy Levi definitely outweighs the unhappy Levi! She sounds wonderful! Sounds like you guys are enjoying parenthood so much. Love it!