40 weeks plus 2 days. That's where I am at right now. Today was actually the day that I guessed for myself that I'd go into labour. But seeing as it's nearing 7:30, and there's not a whole lot of action in that area, I'm not holding my breath!
So what, you ask, do I do on a day like today? Well, let me tell you...I've kind of run out of things to clean around the house (basement), and the dishes & laundry only take a portion of my day. But today I was lucky and instead of trying to keep myself busy in this time of waiting, the entertainment came to me! I came upstairs at about 11:00 this morning (I haven't been able to sleep during the night lately, but can sleep pretty well from about 6 a.m. till 10 a.m.) and found that the hot water was on for my tea and Grandma Reimer, Mom Thiessen, and Debbie had started an insane puzzle. So the goal was set - finish the puzzle in one day! Long story short - the puzzle took till the late afternoon to finish, I helped Aunt Mary make fettuccine alfredo & biscuits for supper, ate supper with relatives (Mike was out for a 'farewell supper' with some of his guy friends), took a nap, and am now writing this post (I would actually love to be at senior youth tonight, but it's in one of the youth's lofts in a barn - I've been there before and my breathing really struggles with my allergies/asthma, so I figured it wouldn't be the best idea given my circumstances!).
Now for the rest of the evening I might light some candles, make some tea, and sit down with a book. Or...we'll see if Grandma Reimer has started another puzzle upstairs!
2 comments:
I promise you that there is no woman in the history of the world who has been pregnant and NOT given birth. :D Niki was seriously wondering, but just google it and you will see that I am right :D I promise the baby will come out one way or another. Niki and I went for MANY long long walks, and... well there is another popular method for trying to get things moving. Though none of those worked for us, maybe you'll have some more luck.
Keep going, baby will come when baby is ready (or the doctors say enough is enough) until then, enjoy your last few days as just you and Mike.
Nate
Haha, I just saw this show where this woman had an ectopic pregnancy that made it full term but the baby never came. Somehow the woman's body calcified the baby and it wasn't removed for 40 some years.
I was 8 days overdue with Konstantijn and I didn't really feel like it had been long enough. With Mathijs and Marseilles I was only 36.5 weeks when they came and I had been sick of being pregnant for months already. Your baby just wants to get nice and fat and cute before he/she meets you :)
-Jeannie
Post a Comment