Tuesday, February 8, 2011
41 Weeks +1 Day Update
Was at the doctor again today and we've booked an induction date of February 14th (Monday morning), although I'm hoping that we'll have a baby in our arms long before then! Our doctor, once again, was very encouraging and thinks that the baby will come before then. Why? Well, because I'm now almost 4 cms dilated and 50% effaced, my contractions (which until now I've assumed are braxton hicks) are starting to get more uncomfortable (especially in my lower back) and semi-regular, and baby's head is very much engaged. The encouraging thing even about the possible induction, is that my doctor thinks that she would just have to break my water to get things started (so no 'drugs' to start contractions, which I am glad for). But alas, this is all in the future, so who knows what will happen?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, you're right where I was. Dilating, effaced, baby engaged, impending induction, still no labour. I remember those feelings well. Soon your baby will be in your arms though. SO soon. Praying for you!
its weird and seems like forever ago that you were preggers! Now here you are with such a beautiful miracle.
Post a Comment