(not for the faint of...stomach)
On Sunday evening it began. I felt pretty tired after the Goldeye's game, so I took a good long nap once we were home but then woke up feeling absolutely terrible. My body then decided to bring up the entire contents of both lunch and supper. I definitely thought I was past the morning sickness so I was wondering what was going on.
Sunday night was absolutely miserable...I got no sleep and was up at least every hour throwing up until I couldn't even keep a sip of water down. At about 5:30 A.M. (so Monday morning) I woke Mike up and told him that he needed to bring me to the hospital. We then made the trip to Boundary Trails where we were helped right aways in emerg (I'm SO glad that we went there instead of to the city). Within 10 minutes we were helped by a nurse into a room who did an examination (about what was going on, listening for baby's heartbeat, etc) and then were waiting for the doctor. Twenty minutes later after the doctor came and finally found our baby's heartbeat (the nurse was having a difficult time because apparently my heartbeat is very strong and the baby was playing hide and seek), they gave me an IV with fluids and medication as I was still throwing up and very dehydrated.
After about an hour and a half of the IV (and of drifting in and out of sleep because of the medication they gave me) they got me to drink a full cup of water which I was easily able to keep down (PTL!). A little while later we headed home and I spent the day sleeping and drinking to keep hydrated (I still couldn't eat because I was just not hungry).
Today (Tuesday) I'm feeling almost 100%, although I still rested quite a bit. We're not sure if I caught a flu or if it was food poisoning (I forgot to mention earlier, right before we drove to Boundary Trails, Mike also threw up but then felt better afterwards...and we had the same food in the city for lunch & supper). I'm just SO thankful that the baby is ok (his/her heartbeat was normal which meant that he/she was not in too much stress over what was happening in my body). The drive to Boundary was so painful because I was so worried about what was happening in my body and that the baby would be harmed.
Thank you mom & dad (thiessen & epp) for waking up early to pray for us as we drove to Boundary...I really appreciated it! Thank you JESUS that our baby is ok!
2 comments:
wow..scary stuff! glad you and the baby are ok!!!!
Oh, SO thankful that baby Thiessen is ok! I know what it's like to make those stressful trips to the hospital at weird hours...here's hoping that was the last scare!
Post a Comment