I don't know how many of you have heard the heartbeat of a child when it is still in it's mothers womb. Mike and I got that opportunity last week at one of my mat appointments. I was honestly a little nervous because as much as pregnancy tests, obvious morning sickness, and other pregnancy symptoms tell you that you're pregnant...until you can feel or hear or something...it seems that it could all be untrue. But last week Thursday we heard that BEAUTIFUL sound! The best way I can think to describe it is a horse trotting in a submarine, deep in the ocean. Our baby's heartbeat was at a wonderful 160 beats/minute. Mike imitates the sound really well, so every once in a while I get to hear it again :) I am SO looking forward to my next appointment where I'll get to hear it again!
On a completely separate topic - I've been reading, thinking, seeing, and hearing a lot about being filled with the Holy Spirit as of late. There is a revival happening among a lot of the youth in our community and surrounding area...and it's something I don't completely understand. A little bit of background - Mike went out for ice cream with one of the youth guys a few nights ago, and ended up coming home with 5 youth just to spend time worshiping God through singing and praying in our little basement. It was like nothing I've experienced before! These youth are SO hungry to be filled with the Holy Spirit and God is answering their cries. The evening was full of EXUBERANT praise, seeing the youth pray for each other, and just SUCH joy...which was expressed quite outwardly with laughter, crying, or just being on the floor filled with the Spirit (quite 'uncontrollably'). It was pretty crazy. Like I said, I don't quite understand it...I don't think I've ever really experienced the joy of the Holy Spirit in that way. So Mike and I have been doing lots of talking, praying, and searching about this. I'd love to hear your input if you have any insight!
On another topic - I think that I might be having the first of some cravings. I guess the past few weeks there has been one thing that I've REALLY wanted - which is FRESH, homemade buns. But yesterday at about 10:30 in the evening all I could think about and all I wanted to eat was an egg mcmuffin. Unfortunately, McDonalds is 45 minutes away and they don't make egg mcmuffins that late at night (although Mike did offer, although I imagine somewhat jokingly, that he'd get me one in the morning). I think for lunch I'm gonna go buy some bacon, eggs, and english muffins and make my own. Mmmmm.
2 comments:
Hey Alyssa! I saw your post on facebook and decided to check out your blog :) Congrats on the pregnancy! I felt like I should comment on revival you're experiencing with the youth - Donovan and I have been faced with a lot of questions/experiences from our youth regarding the Holy Spirit as well and its a stretching, cool (and sometimes crazy/scary) journey to be on. God bless you guys as you pray and seek God's wisdom and guidance as you lead the youth!! Maybe one day we can all get together and chat/share/encourage each other!
Cathy Dueck
thanks so much for what you said. it was very cool to hear about an awesome experience like that. you guys must be doing such a good job with the youth and I have no doubt that there will be many other amazing experiences like that. love you guys.
Post a Comment