Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting Started

While I've been an avid follower of a few blogs throughout the last few years, I've never braved it in the blogger world myself. But with things changing and happening so rapidly as of late, I want to keep my family and friends that are far away (and maybe even close by) up to date on where Mike and I (and the baby) are at. So to get started, let me catch you up:

-I've been married to Michael for almost two years now.
-I've been working at the Rosenort Credit Union for a little over two years.
-I am 14 and a half weeks pregnant. My first trimester was filled with morning (all-day) sickness, but this last week I've been feeling exponentially better! I'm already in maternity pants for work (seeing as my previous dress pants were feeling wicked tight!), and I'm LOVING them! Expected arrival of our little one: January 31, 2011!
-We recently got home from a missions trip with our Senior Youth to Philadelphia, PA. It was CRAZY hot (+45) and God did some AWESOME things through and in the youth! We've been working with the Senior Youth at the Pleasant Valley EMC for the past year as youth leaders...and while it's taken some time for me to find the place in the ministry, I absolutely LOVE these youth!
-In fact, we had a few of these youth over last night (quite randomly) and just worshiped God late into the evening in song and prayer. God is ALIVE and reviving the youth in this community!
-We are planning on building a house before the baby comes. The digging should start soon soon soon!
-For the last year we were incredibly blessed to be house-sitting for a family while they were teaching in Belize. Right now we are living in our in-law's basement suite.
-Mike is preaching for the first time this Sunday - pray for him as he prepares!

So there you have it. My first post - a simple update on our lives. I'm excited to see where I'll head with this blog, whether I'll be just keeping you all up to date or more than that!

No comments: